Vindex architecture (AVX) is very easy to understand, design and build for the simple fact that it is based on a very few and clear principles which are:
- We prefer domes and vaults instead of square forms.
- Buildings are entirely made of mud brick (adobe), fired, or vindex bricks.
- The domes and vaults are self-supporting during the construction.
- The self-production of vindex bricks and self-construction are encouraged.
- The reinforced concrete is used only in case of need.
Vindex architecture is a combination of domes, vaults and arches where all forces are only compressive to ensure the stability of the structure.
There are many other features of vindex architecture you can find out by reading the other pages of the site, such as the integration of a natural air-conditioning system based on the use of a vindex well and heating using a rocket stove.